Wednesday 17 June 2009

Obama’s agenda…

I hear of this so called historical visit to Ghana by the President of United State Barack Hussein Obama but the last time I checked he has already been to Africa that is Egypt and this nonsense of the first visit to sub-Saharan African has to stop. Sub-Saharan, North Africa, Southern Africa is all Africa as far as I’m concern. All these terms are used to further divide the Africans and funny enough we seem to promote such division even further. This has to stop and we Africans should start to think bigger and not shrink our imaginations. By the way, my real concern is to know Obama’s agenda behind this visit to Ghana. His visit to Egypt was clearly enough and yet I’m left wondering about his main purpose behind the visit to Ghana which is clearly publicized as historic visit but it does not make sense because he is not the first American president to make it to the shore of Gold coast (Ghana).

My hope is that, President Mills will think bigger and deal with Obama not as the son of Africa which mother nature as made it obvious but as the President of United State of America and the leader of the so called “Free world”. I so hope that he has not come to persuade President Mills with his undeniable Charisma and Articulation to have a Military base in Ghana or for the USA to extract Ghana’s oil. But I fear that Atta Mills will simply smile and sign the deal for a military base and beg the USA to extract Ghana’s oil and if that happens, Ghana is doomed. My fears are further exacerbated by the incompetent nature of governance in Africa and President Prof. Atta Mills is yet to do anything that will make him stand out of such bad documentation of governance in Africa. Dr. Osagyefor Kwame Nkrumah had vision and he fulfilled some of his hopes and laid down a foundation for Ghana and Africa. President Mills has enough time to create a vision for Ghana and when he finds himself with Obama only, I urge him to think of that vision and if he does that he will not send Ghana to its destruction. I wish him all the best for Ghana’s sake and I hope President Mills takes Ghana Forward. As Dr. Osagyefor Kwame Nkrumah said, "We face neither East nor west; we face forward".

No comments:

Post a Comment